[CoinBinary] Prototype fedora packages

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:36:16 EST 2012

2012/11/12 Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com>:
> 2012/11/12 Ted Ralphs <ted at lehigh.edu>:

[...]

>   I understand this looks silly, but when contributing it to the
> distribution, it is no longer personal use and to be accepted
> I need to give a good reasoning for either, missing LICENSE
> or empty LICENSE.

  I made a new "prototype", and also renamed the directory that
previously was named "coinor":

http://pcpa.fedorapeople.org/coin-or/

  This should also help to clarify what I was asking, e.g. now
most spec files have a "header" like this:

%if %{with_data}
Source0:	http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/%{module}/%{module}-%{version}.tgz
%else
# module=Clp
# version=1.14.7
# tar zxf SOURCES/$module-$version.tgz
# rm -fr $module-$version/{BuildTools,CoinUtils,Data,Osi,ThirdParty}
# tar zcf SOURCES/$module-$version.tgz $module-$version
# rm -fr $module-$version
Source0:	%{module}-%{version}.tgz
%endif

And %{with_data} is false by default, that is, the tarball is remade
by the package author, so those files are never distributed in the
*.src.rpm. This is an special case condition, and it is way better
to use pristine upstream tarballs.

>> Ted
>> --
>> Dr. Ted Ralphs