[CoinBinary] Missing library, building example under MinGW

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Fri Jun 29 12:46:22 EDT 2012

 I downloaded and installed the CoinAll binary distribution on my generic
Windows XP desktop.  I installed MinGW first, and chose the MinGW
distribution on the download page.

The command-line binaries seem to work fine.

But when I try to work the example given on the CoinBinary wiki project
page, I run into trouble.  In particular I am trying to build the one
called "Osiexample".  I have MinGW g++, so I'm typing "make -f
Makefile.Osiexample".  (The NMakefile wants to use the Visual Studio
compiler.)

I had to adjust COIN_DIR and COIN_INC_DIR a little because the arrangement
of directories is not exactly the same as the example expects.  This
wasn't a problem.

My problem is that the build fails looking for the library libCoin.a.  I
looked in the directory win32-mingw-gcc4.2.1/lib, and it's just not there.
 CoinMP, yes.  CoinUtils, yes.  Just plain Coin, no.

Does anyone have a suggestion?  Thank you.