[CoinBinary] Building JNI-based under MinGW

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Aug 10 13:58:54 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 7:06 PM, Ted Ralphs <ted at lehigh.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM, <acw at ascent.com> wrote:
>

>> In other news, I found a compiler suite called TDM-GCC, under active
>> development at least as late as last September, which claims to produce
>> SjLj binaries for both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows environment.  When
>> things settle down here a bit I intend to try their wares: see
>> http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/ for more details.
>>

> Update: I've managed to build CoinAll with the 64-bit TDM-GCC up through
> Cbc (so far). I had to make a few fixes (in trunks) and there is still one
> manual step that I can't seem to figure out. For some reason, libtool (I
> suppose) is adding "-lgcc_s" when linking executables. This causes the
> error:
>
> multiple definition of `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'
>
> I actually had a very similar problem with the 4.2.1 MinGW compiler and
> fixed it by removing the "-lgcc_s" from the .la file for gcc (if my memory
> serves me), but I can't see how to do that here. I have to admit, I don't
> really understand what gcc_s is, as it seems to be unnecessary. There is a
> bug report for a similar problem on the MING64 bug tracker, but it is for a
> much older version of the compiler and no one seems to be having the
> problem now. I can get the executables to link by editing the link line
> manually (or perhaps either by editing config.status or supressing linking
> of that library with an option to the linker).

Passing the additional argument

-Wl,"--exclude-libs,libgcc_s.a"

to gcc fixes the issue (though it's sort of ugly), so I am re-configuring
and re-building now with that option added to ADD_CXXFLAGS to see if I can
get a fully automated build to go through...

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University