[CoinBinary] Building JNI-based under MinGW

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu Aug 9 19:06:19 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM, <acw at ascent.com> wrote:

> In other news, I found a compiler suite called TDM-GCC, under active
> development at least as late as last September, which claims to produce
> SjLj binaries for both the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows environment.  When
> things settle down here a bit I intend to try their wares: see
> http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/ for more details.

Update: I've managed to build CoinAll with the 64-bit TDM-GCC up through
Cbc (so far). I had to make a few fixes (in trunks) and there is still one
manual step that I can't seem to figure out. For some reason, libtool (I
suppose) is adding "-lgcc_s" when linking executables. This causes the
error:

multiple definition of `_Unwind_SjLj_Register'

I actually had a very similar problem with the 4.2.1 MinGW compiler and
fixed it by removing the "-lgcc_s" from the .la file for gcc (if my memory
serves me), but I can't see how to do that here. I have to admit, I don't
really understand what gcc_s is, as it seems to be unnecessary. There is a
bug report for a similar problem on the MING64 bug tracker, but it is for a
much older version of the compiler and no one seems to be having the
problem now. I can get the executables to link by editing the link line
manually (or perhaps either by editing config.status or supressing linking
of that library with an option to the linker).

I'll keep you posted on progress. Let me know if you have ideas.

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University