[CoinBazaar] Some Coin Bazaar Proposals

Hart, William E wehart at sandia.gov
Thu Jan 7 10:41:49 EST 2010

Brad:

Thanks for the proposals!  Your submissions made me realize that I had omitted one other element from the proposal:  a justification for inclusion in Coin Bazaar.  Can you please provide a justification for these that addresses the following?

    * Why is this project of interest to the operations research community?
    * Why does this project belong in COIN-OR?
    * Why does this project belong in Coin Bazaar? Could it be a stand-alone COIN-OR project?

Don't spend too much time on this.  The omhelp and mat2cpp projects are the only ones that might not fit.

> The term Developers below has been used for the original developer of
> the
> software. As for project manager of the future Coin Bazaar project, I
> could
> put the original version out there, but I am hoping that Coin Bazaar
> will encourage others to participate.

I agree that this is confusing.  I've changed the proposal process to indicate a 'lead' project developer.

> As for Licenses, the ones where I was the only original developer can
> easily
> be changed to other licenses (if desired). (Except that the copyright
> for mat2cpp is held by the University of Washington, so that is
> slightly
> more difficult).

My intent is _not_ to have Coin Bazaar projects licensed consistently.  Instead, this should be a quick-and-easy way to make small code projects available within COIN-OR.  Addressing licensing issues can be difficult;  for example, it's not clear that I can license code under the EPL for my work at Sandia...

--Bill