[Coin-discuss] Microsoft Solver Foundation plugin

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Jan 10 12:48:44 EST 2012

Daan,

> I am currently using the Microsoft Solver Foundation for my work and
> would really like to test out other solvers than the included Gurobi
> solver. I read in the trac [1] that there is a project for integration
> with the MSF, but the last update seems to be 04/2011.
> So is anybody still working on this or is there code to test out? If so,
> where can I check it out?

   The project has been languishing in the review process, and I've been
too busy with other fires to make it worthwhile pushing the reviewers.
Regrettably, demands on my time outside of COIN make it unlikely that
OsiMsf will rise to the top of my COIN todo list any time in the near
future.

   There is alpha code that allows Clp to be used as a backend from MSF.
The MSF developers have run their test suite on this code; the short
summary is `solves all test models with the expected use case, but fails
with errors on some use cases I didn't expect.' I have not been able to
get back to it. If you're interested in working on it, I can make this
available, along with bits and pieces of documentation.

							Lou