[Coin-discuss] which package would you recommend for an LP with cut generation?

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:52:23 EDT 2011

Hi Craig,

A basic version of what you want could easily be implemented through
Osi---it was designed to support exactly this sort of dynamic cut
generation. However, it does not have a cut pool or active management
of the LP in the sense you are looking for. I don't know much about
DyLP, but it can be called through Osi as well and might do what you
want. Otherwise, you could try either Cbc or SYMPHONY and set the node
limit to 1. SYMPHONY has more documentation and may be a little easier
to work with, since you don't have a need for integer preprocessing,
primal heuristics, etc. BCP and ABACUS are probably not good choices,
as they are frameworks intended for implementing branch, cut, and
price algorithms. Feel free to post if you have more questions.

Cheers,

Ted