[Coin-discuss] CLP via a Matlab interface - can't call "mexclp(...)"

Benjamin Russell Hebb Benjamin.Hebb at Colorado.EDU
Fri Mar 5 12:33:29 EST 2010

Hi all,

I write to you with a question on getting CLP running via a Matlab interface in the matlab procedure of clp.m:

mexclp.dll is called from the clp.m "m-file":

"[x,lambda,status] = mexclp(cmatbeg,cmatind,cmatval,c,b,neq,lb,ub,cmatbegQ,cmatindQ,cmatvalQ,options);"

running clp.m subsequently gives the error message:

"??? Undefined function or method 'mexclp' for input arguments of type 'struct'."

It seems like Matlab cannot find the library file mexclp.dll, which is in the same directory.  We also tried to run it with mexclp.cpp in the same directory.

We tried running it with matlab2009a on a windows vista computer and with matlab2009b on a windows XP computer, both gave the same general error message.

We have tried adjusting the input argument types. The function worked for a collaborator in another lab. Any thoughts as to what might be going wrong?

kind regards,

Ben Hebb
Gill Lab
University of Colorado at Boulder