[Coin-discuss] begging for changelog entries

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu Oct 15 16:13:12 EDT 2009

I agree this is something we could do better at overall. The
Foundation's Technical Leadership Council can develop some recommended
best practices, but it is up to the individual project managers to
implement them. In any case, I will make it a priority to see what we
can do to improve the situation, as this is a comment we have heard
before. Something that is in the works in the near future is a new Web
site that will include blogs and other ways to get news out there more
easily. This alone should make things much better. Major releases
should be announced on the mailing lists, but I agree they frequently
are not.

I know it's not exactly what you want, but with Trac, you can get RSS
feeds of project activity. It's pretty easy to follow what's going on
that way, though I guess it can be a little too much information.

Cheers,

Ted