[Coin-discuss] Coin Cloud (using coin with Amazon Web Services)

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Sun Oct 4 23:22:59 EDT 2009

Hi Ted:

> This sounds like a great idea. I'm not aware of anything official in
> the works. Could we get more COIN projects up there? Perhaps there is
> even a way to hook up to this through Optimization Services.

Yes, I would like to look at the OS aspect. If we could put the OS

OSSolverService

on the server then through a single common interface we could access the
COIN-OR solvers

Bonmin
Cbc
Clp
Couenne
DyLP
Ipopt
SYMPHONY

and send MPS, OSiL, and nl files. We could also leverage off of the OS
option and solver result interfaces.

Cheers,

> Cheers,
>
> Ted
>
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:41 PM, Stuart Mitchell
> <s.mitchell at auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>> Following the new release of Gurobi (now with added cloud computing) I
>> thought it would be nice to add Coin to the cloud. I did this mostly because
>> I want to experiment with pulp-or (python LP/MILP modelling language) being
>> able to use solvers on EC2.
>>
>> So there now is an Amazon Machine Image ami-5493703d that should be
>> available on to the public.
>>
>> It is clp, cbc installed on an ubuntu server accessible through ssh
>> (username ubuntu). You will need to logon to aws to access it and pay $0.10
>> an hour (or part thereof) to boot up a copy of instance of this image.
>>
>> Is there something official in the works for this or should I continue
>> nutting it out for myself.
>>
>> Stu
>> --
>> ___________________________________