[Coin-discuss] Using coin-cbc with Glpk

Hacène Ouzia h.ouzia at gmail.com
Fri May 22 17:34:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to use Glpk as LP solver  :

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found:
__glp_lpx_create_prob
   Referenced from: /Users/Ouzia/coin-Cbc/stable.2.3/lib/libOsiGlpk.
0.dylib
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: __glp_lpx_create_prob
   Referenced from: /Users/Ouzia/coin-Cbc/stable.2.3/lib/libOsiGlpk.
0.dylib
   Expected in: dynamic lookup

OS : Mac Os Leopard
gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)

Thanks for help.

Cheers,
Hecene.

Trace/BPT trap

Le 22 mai 09 à 22:37, Stefan Vigerske a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>> Just be to sur, I'm going to build coin-cbc with glpk as follows :
>>
>> configure -C
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> Do I forget some thing?
>
> No. It should somewhere say in the configure run that it recognized
> Glpk
> in ThirdParty/Glpk.
>
> Good luck,
> Stefan
>

>> Cheers,
>> Hacene.
>>

>> Le 22 mai 09 à 21:46, Stefan Vigerske a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> The Makefiles will work only for 4.19.
>>> If you downloaded cbc by svn, go to ThirdParty/Glpk, and do a
>>> svn switch
>>> https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/BuildTools/ThirdParty/Glpk/stable/1.5
>>>
>>> Otherwise, get all the files from
>>> https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/browser/ThirdParty/Glpk/stable/1.5
>>>
>>> and put them into ThirdParty/Glpk.
>>> (after clicking on a file, go to the end of the page, and click on
>>> "Original Format")

>>> Yes.
>>>
>>> Stefan
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stefan Vigerske
>>> Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
>>> http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan
>>
>> -----
>> M. Hacène Ouzia

-----