[Coin-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2009?

Brady Hunsaker bkh at member.fsf.org
Sat Feb 28 21:43:15 EST 2009

After last year's application, I asked internally at Google (where I
work) about feedback.  There were two main points:

- The most common reason for rejecting organization applications is a
poor ideas list.  The person who replied to me said that the COIN-OR
list looked reasonable, but added that there weren't any comments about
required skills or difficulty levels.  That's something they look for,
so that should certainly be included in any new application.

- In the final cut of organizations they had to make some really tough
choices among very good organizations.  I don't know where COIN-OR
fell--whether it was cut earlier or whether it was in the final cut.
It's possible that the quality of the application was fine and COIN-OR
just got a tough break.

Brady