[Coin-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2009?

Robin Lougee-Heimer robinlh at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 27 09:26:55 EST 2009

Last year, I rallied a group who put together the application for COIN-OR
to be a mentoring organization for the Google SoC.  Here's what we put
together last year, in case someone else wants to step up and lead a try
for 2010.

        https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCode2008

Thanks for raising the opportunity again, Sebastian!

Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer, PhD
Program Manager, COIN-OR
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org

Sebastian Nowozin <nowozin at gmail.com>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
02/27/2009 02:53 AM

Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2009?

Hello everybody,

Google announced the summer of code 2009 recently, see
http://code.google.com/soc/

Does COIN-OR plan to apply as mentoring organization this year?  On the
downside, only 1000 students will be funded this year, but on the upside
the work on the COIN-OR 2008 application has already been done and it is
still reasonably up-to-date, isn't it?

Mentoring organization application FAQ:
http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html#0_1_org_apply_4694175091022641

The application deadline is March 9th, 2009.

Sebastian