[Coin-discuss] Any updates on COIN-OR GPL compatible licensing?

Soeren Sonnenburg sonne at debian.org
Sat Apr 4 08:31:12 EDT 2009

Dear all,

one year ago, I was asking the question if there is a chance to see
coinor used in GPL licensed projects (like R, octave, shogun...)

I haven't heard of any updates about this since June 2008, where Matthew
Saltzman (CC'ed) stated

"The state of the board discussion is that we'd like to have input from
our lawyer before we undertake the significant effort of getting
contributor approval for dual licensing.  We'll post updates when we
have something to report."

So is there anything to report by now or even a decision in sight?

Soeren.
--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962