[Coin-discuss] Last call: Nominations for COIN-OR INFORMS Cup

Brady Hunsaker bkh at member.fsf.org
Tue Sep 30 22:21:13 EDT 2008

Nominations for the COIN-OR INFORMS Cup are due this Friday, Oct 3rd!
Please consider nominating yourself or someone else who has made
effective use of or valuable contributions to COIN-OR.  Also, please
join us for the Cup celebration on Monday, October 13th at 9 PM.
Details below and at www.coin-or.org.

----

The 2008 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded at the INFORMS conference
in a few weeks.  Now is the time for nominations!

Details are below and are available online at
http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup08.html

Let me just highlight a few points:
  * We are looking for effective uses of COIN-OR or valuable
contributions to COIN-OR.
  * Self-nomination is welcomed.
  * We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that
the community may not know about.

Questions can be directed to me or to coin-cup at coin-or.org.  Thanks!

Brady

-----

Rules:

     * A submission or nomination must contain:
          1. A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable
contribution to COIN-OR (or both!).
          2. An explanation of its significance.
     * The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2008 INFORMS
meeting --- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Long Ceremony"
below).
     * Submission deadline: Friday October 3, 2008.
     * Self-nomination is welcomed.
     * We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR
that the community may not know about.

Submissions will be judged by a committee of members of the COIN-OR
Foundation, Inc.

Long Ceremony: The actual awarding of the COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will take
place during a long ceremony at a congenial locale where cups are
welcome (see below). All entrants and their supporters are welcome to
join in the celebration and regale (rile) the prize winners.

     * Day: Monday, October 13th
     * Time: 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
     * Resturant: Open City
     * Location: 2331 Calvert St NW (one block from the convention hotels)
     * Directions: (coming)

The winner will be posted on the COIN-OR website.