[Coin-discuss] call for nominations for COIN-OR INFORMS Cup

Brady Hunsaker bkh at member.fsf.org
Wed Sep 10 20:56:53 EDT 2008

The 2008 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will be awarded at the INFORMS conference
next month.  Now is the time for nominations!

Details are below and are available online at
http://www.coin-or.org/coinCup/coinCup08.html

Let me just highlight a few points:
  * We are looking for effective uses of COIN-OR or valuable
contributions to COIN-OR.
  * Self-nomination is welcomed.
  * We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR that
the community may not know about.

Questions can be directed to me or to coin-cup at coin-or.org.  Thanks!

Brady

-----------

Rules:

     * A submission or nomination must contain:
          1. A synopsis of an effective use of COIN-OR or valuable
contribution to COIN-OR (or both!).
          2. A cover letter explaining the significance.
     * The winner must accept the prize in person at the 2008 INFORMS
meeting --- so we can all celebrate appropriately (see "Long Ceremony"
below).
     * Submission deadline: Friday October 3, 2008.
     * Self-nomination is welcomed.
     * We especially encourage nominations of effective use of COIN-OR
that the community may not know about.

Submissions will be judged by a committee of members of the COIN-OR
Foundation, Inc.

Long Ceremony: The actual awarding of the COIN-OR INFORMS Cup will take
place during a long ceremony at a congenial locale where cups are
welcome (see below). All entrants and their supporters are welcome to
join in the celebration and regale (rile) the prize winners.

     * Day: Monday, October 13th
     * Time: TBD
     * Resturant: TBD

The winner will be posted on the COIN-OR website.