[Coin-discuss] Help out at the COIN-OR Exhibitor Booth at INFORMS DC

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Wed Oct 8 14:56:33 EDT 2008

COIN-OR mavens:

COIN-OR will have a booth at INFORMS in DC and...

     WE WANT YOU!!!

We need community members on hand to staff the booth. If no one
volunteers, the booth is empty...and that's bad.  We currently get the
booth free of charge from INFORMS (other vendors pay big bucks for
theirs).  If we don't staff the booth, we may have to start paying in
the future..not to mention we lose a great opportunity in front of
thousands of conference attendees.

The exhibit area is open Sunday 12-5pm and 7:30-9pm (Welcome Reception),
Monday 9am-5pm, and Tuesday 9am-5pm.

If you are planning to be in DC and can help at the booth for even just
an hour, sign up at

        https://projects.coin-or.org/Events/wiki/BoothSchedule

(create an account and log in to edit the page).  If you're wiki-phobic,
just send an email (mjs at clemson.edu). And should you unexpectedly have
some time, just drop by the booth where there'll be a sign-up sheet.

Why do it? It's a chance to become FAMOUS (...and eat all the chocolate
coins you want :-) You'll meet current and potential users & developers.
It's a great way to find new collaborators and interesting projects.
It's one way you can give back and further the mission to promote
open-source for OR.

Hope to see you at the booth!

		Matt

Clemson University Math Sciences