[Coin-discuss] simple use of CoinUtils

Stefan Vigerske stefan at vigerske.de
Sat May 24 13:49:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

Matthew Galati wrote:
>> Lapack or Blas.
>>
>> If it got not included into libcoinutils, check the add_coinutils.txt
>> for the linker flags. (Might be in the lib directory after make install.)
>>
>> Best,
>> Stefan
>>
> Yes, if I add -llapack it works -- it's already installed on my machine.
> CoinUtils depends on lapack by default? Or does configure check to see
> if it is installed then setup the dep?

It checks whether it is installed and then uses it.
And when it is installed in the system, then its not added to
libCoinUtils, but the linker flag added into coinutils_addlibs.txt

> I guess you are referring to this file - so I guess I can just add this
> file to my link line?

Yes, that's the idea.
There is also some documentation at
https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/user-examples#LinkingyourCodewithCOINLibraries

> [magala at ordlnx01 CoinUtils]$ more coinutils_addlibs.txt

Ah yes, that is the right name.

> -llapack -lblas -lm
> [magala at ordlnx01 CoinUtils]$ pwd
> /users/magala/sasopt/ppgcp/coin-CoinUtils/CoinUtils
>

> [magala at ordlnx01 netemb]$ make -f Makefile.NetEmb
>
> Creating netemb
> g++   -I -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -pipe -DLinux
> -g -I. -I/users/magala/sasopt/ppgcp/coin-CoinUtils/include/coin -DDEBUG
> -DREADLINE -o Linux-g/netemb Linux-g/netemb.o
> -L/users/magala/sasopt/ppgcp/coin-CoinUtils/lib -lCoinUtils  -lm -llapack

Best,
Stefan