[Coin-discuss] Callback for main loop in CbcModel.branchAndBound

acw at ascent.com acw at ascent.com
Fri Aug 15 18:35:30 EDT 2008

We have a Cbc application that we have been using happily for a couple of
years, and recently we decided to refresh our Cbc sources from the
repository to get the benefit of recent development. (In particular we are
hoping to exploit parallelization of node processing, but that's a story
for another time.)

Last time around, I put an inglorious modification into the main loop of
CbcModel.branchAndBound, adding a check for low memory to the other exit
checks.  It struck me as I was doing this that there ought to be a user
callback in the main branch-and-bound loop, so that the user can add code
that runs once for each processed node.  Modifying CbcModel was not so
great, because I would have to repeat the modifications every time I
upgraded our Cbc sources.  Does such a callback function exist, so I can
just extend the CbcModel class and add my code, so to speak, on the
outside?