[Coin-discuss] quadratic integer solver?

Michal Kaut mail at michalkaut.net
Tue Apr 29 08:11:07 EDT 2008

Hello,

what are my options to solve a quadratic mixed integer (binary) problem?
  (I mean a problem with quadratic elements in the objectives and only
linear constraints.)

1) calling from AMPL
It looks like the choice is between Bonmin and LaGo - or is there
anything else?

2) calling from C++ - this is the preferred option, as I will be using
it inside another alg. I have some experience with using LP solvers via
OSI, but have never been into NLP problems before. Can I use OSI and
just add info about which variables have quadratic terms in the
objective, or do I have to use some completely different interface?

Thanks.

Regards,
Michal Kaut