[Coin-discuss] .dll/.so distribution

Stuart Siegel ssiegel95 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 16:33:34 EST 2007

Coincidentally this past weekend I happened to be playing around with
using SWIG to wrap OsiClpSolverInterface.h.  It was pretty easy (once
you read a bit about SWIG's typemap library).  I've got working linux
and windows shared objects and jars.  It's still crude in the sense
that things have not been well-tested.  I'm wondering if there is
general interest within the community in such a project and if there
might be enough volunteers to assist in setting up comprehensive JAVA
batch and unit tests.

p.s. I've not been terribly careful about making sure I've not
reinvented the wheel.  Since SWIG makes this fairly easy to do this
sort of stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already
attempted it.

I a minimal search turned up stuff like
http://swimp.sourceforge.net/javadoc/net/sourceforge/swimp/coin/OsiSolverInterface.html#addCol(int[],%20double[],%20double,%20double,%20double
but the API here falls back to using SWIGTYPE_p_int etc.  These can
be avoided (as I've done) and expressed instead with more natural (in
my view) JAVA types like int[].