[Coin-discuss] Finding all solutions to IP

Martin von Gagern Martin.vGagern at gmx.net
Tue May 8 10:25:09 EDT 2007

John J Forrest wrote:
> OA - Outer Approximation.  Technique used in Mixed Integer Non Linear
> Programming.

Ah, thank you! OK, as I'm only linear, and this OA was always mentioned
in conjunction with solutionAddsCuts, I guess this might not be the
right approach for me.

> If your IP is binary with coefficients which can be made integer then opbdp
> (Just use to search on web) does efficient implicit enumeration.  To get
> all solutions then one line has to be modified - see OsiOpbdpSolve.hpp.
> That is probably code you were thinking of.

Yes, that's the one I had stumpled upon earlier on. However, my
variables are not binary but can have a wider range, say 0 <= x_i <= 10
or something like that. I take it that the restriction to binary
instances has some deep reason and the algorithm is not easily
generalized to arbitrary integers, right?

Thank's for your information,
 Martin von Gagern