[Coin-discuss] OsiCbcSolverInterface turn off log messages

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 9 11:45:08 EST 2007

Why not just make the branchandbound() method of OsiClp invoke Cbc? This
is how most of the other interfaces work. OSI was never really intended
to be an interface to a code that is purely an IP solver (OsiSym is the
exception, though even OsiSym will pass the solve call through to the
underlying LP solver if no variables are declared integer). We don't
have separate solver interfaces for CPLEX's LP and IP solvers, for
instance. Why duplicate all the code for building and manipulating the
model? The only call that is specific to IP is branchandcound().

Cheers,

Ted