[Coin-discuss] Sparse Cholesky factorization routines

Brian Borchers borchers at nmt.edu
Fri Mar 9 01:28:03 EST 2007

It seems to me that many of the COIN-OR projects currently use (or could
make use) of sparse Cholesky and/or sparse LU factorization routines.
For some future work in CSDP, I'd like to use such a library- in particular
I need a Sparse Cholesky factorization routine together with a reasonable
ordering heuristic.

It would certainly be nice if there were such a package as part of COIN,
or at least available under the CPL.  Short of that, which of the available
packages are licensed in ways that are compatible with the CPL?  What has
worked best for other COIN projects?

                         - Brian