[Coin-discuss] COIN-OR Server Performance Issues

kmartin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Sat Jun 23 23:01:46 EDT 2007

Hi:

> Recently, we switched the COIN-OR Trac server to a new protocol for
> authentication.  The switch seems to have coincided with recent
> performance issues with the server, so we are switching back to the
> previous protocol.  You will notice that a return to the login page
> rather than the login pop-up dialog, and we hope you will notice
> improved response.  We will continue to investigate the issue, and we
> hope that soon we will be able to offer the benefits of the new protocol
> and acceptable performance.

I have had no trouble with the new protocol on MAC OS X or Linux. But on
Windows with Msys when I try to do an svn update I get the message
below. When I type in either  t or p it simply hangs. It also will not
allow me to do a new checkout. Has anyone else using Msys/svn had this
problem?

Thanks

$ svn update
Error validating server certificate for 'https://projects.coin-or.org:443':
 - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
   fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
Certificate information:
 - Hostname: projects.coin-or.org
 - Valid: from Jun 10 22:51:18 2007 GMT until Jun 15 21:00:28 2009 GMT
 - Issuer: 07969287, http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository,
GoDaddy.com, Inc., Scottsdale, Arizona, US
 - Fingerprint: f7:26:0f:bb:e1:94:a5:23:7f:5c:cb:c3:9a:c4:74:51:e5:c7:4d:29
(R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? p
--
Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research