[COIN-DISCUSS] Problems with MPI application using COIN

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jun 20 20:40:03 EDT 2007

Yang,

	Hey, sometimes I get lucky  :-). You might try the command line

./configure CC="icc" CXX="icpc" CXXDEFS="-DGNU_OLDWAY"

By setting CXXDEFS, you add to the value of CXXFLAGS as determined by configure.
Setting CXXFLAGS directly overrides any flags added by configure.

	Unfortunately, I can't say much about the CoinModel error.  Some things
are obvious from a distance, others are not, and this falls in the `are not'
category, at least for me.  I don't have access to the compilers and computing
environment that you're using.  The best I can offer is this:  Send me a short
main program that triggers the bug, and tell me what version of Cbc you're
using, and I'll have a look.  If the bug occurs in my coding environment, I can
probably determine why.

	It may be that someone else on the coin-discuss list will recognise the
problem and can suggest a fix.

							Lou