[Coin-discuss] MSVS v8 unitTestCoinUtils linker errors

Matthew Galati magh at lehigh.edu
Tue Feb 6 17:20:57 EST 2007

Hi --

My October06 ticket
(https://projects.coin-or.org/MSVisualStudio/ticket/2) was never assigned.

So, I am using mailing list instead of ticket system. Let me know if you
would prefer ticket system.

coin-Cbc stable 1.1, MSVS v8

CoinUtils\libCoinUtils - builds fine
unitTestCoinUtils gives 230 linker errors... here are the first few...

1>CoinDenseVectorTest.obj : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/EDITANDCONTINUE'
due to '/INCREMENTAL:NO' specification
1>CoinDenseVectorTest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: __thiscall CoinDenseVector<float>::CoinDenseVector<float>(class
CoinDenseVector<float> const &)" (??0?$CoinDenseVector at M@@QAE at ABV0@@Z)
referenced in function "void __cdecl
CoinDenseVectorUnitTest<float>(float)"
(??$CoinDenseVectorUnitTest at M@@YAXM at Z)
1>CoinDenseVectorTest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: class CoinDenseVector<float> & __thiscall
CoinDenseVector<float>::operator=(class CoinDenseVector<float> const &)"
(??4?$CoinDenseVector at M@@QAEAAV0 at ABV0@@Z) referenced in function "void
__cdecl CoinDenseVectorUnitTest<float>(float)"
(??$CoinDenseVectorUnitTest at M@@YAXM at Z)
1>CoinDenseVectorTest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"public: float & __thiscall CoinDenseVector<float>::operator[](int)const
" (??A?$CoinDenseVector at M@@QBEAAMH at Z) referenced in function "void
__cdecl CoinDenseVectorUnitTest<float>(float)"
(??$CoinDenseVectorUnitTest at M@@YAXM at Z)

I think the only problem is that the unitTest does not link to libCoinUtils.

Matt