[Coin-discuss] clp performance much worse with g++4.1 vs. g++4.0

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sun Dec 9 21:53:18 EST 2007

Each of the three projects you mentioned includes Clp 1.6.0 as part of
its distribution, so all three of them are building an executable called
"clp" from the Clp 1.6.0 source code and installing that executable in
the same directory (the one you specified), each one overwriting the
last. You can tell specifically what other releases a given project
release depends on by looking at the subversion externals of the project
in the source browser on the project's Trac page. For instance, in the
case of Cbc, check out the very bottom of this page:

https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/browser/releases/2.0.0

So the "clp" you are ending up with is the Clp executable built as part
of the Cbc distribution. Although all the executables use the same
source code in this case, it is possible that the build is configured
differently in each case because the presence or absence of other
projects can trigger automatic changes in the configuration options. It
seems to be the case that, in fact,  the executables built in each case
are slightly different (I just checked this). I'm sure John can tell you
exactly what the differences are.

Cheers,

Ted