[Coin-discuss] MS STL UMRs, Purify

Matthew Galati Matthew.Galati at sas.com
Sun Apr 8 15:57:11 EDT 2007

I think we have determined that this is, in fact, not a Coin bug - but, a MS-STL bug. However, according to Purify Plus team, it is not harmful. If you have Purify and get the patch, it adds a filter to remove the UMR warnings for this case - because, they claim it is not a problem. I have done this - the UMRs go away.

I did read that there are several other MS-STL issues, for which there is a VS2005-SP1 patch. I am installing it now to see if there are any changes.

If you don't have Purify, can you try valgrind in Linux? Even though it is running successfully in Linux, valgrind might catch any memory issues. If possible, I would suggest finding a copy of Purify - it is very handy.

Matt