[Coin-discuss] Ampl to OSI

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 6 11:23:28 EDT 2007

There is a function readGMPL() in Osi that will read in GMPL files if
you have glpk installed (and you configure with glpk linkage enabled).
GMPL is (roughly) a subset of AMPL that includes most of the modeling
features, but not programming constructs like loops (these wouldn't make
sense in this context anyway).

There are ways of hooking AMPL itself up to Osi and using it in the
usual way to drive an Osi solver, but how to do this is a little more
involved. We are hoping to make this easier at some point.

Cheers,

Ted