[Coin-discuss] shared vs static libs

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Apr 4 17:21:39 EDT 2007

Matt,

	There's an option, --enable-debug-pkg, that's generated automagically
for each package.  So, for example, --enable-debug-osi will set debugging for
OSI only.

	I'll again point out the utility of configure --help=recursive. Not to
mention BuildTools/coin.m4. See AC_COIN_DEBUG_COMPILE. If you're going to spend
much time with configuration, might as well bite the bullet and have a read.

	Check BuildTools/share/config.site --- it may be able to do what
you're suggesting with --opt-levels=OptLevel.txt. Not really intended as a
user-level hook, but it's there for developers.

	While we're in the vicinity, each package has two additional options
designed for this sort of thing, --with-pkg-verbosity and --with-pkg-checklevel.
These will define symbols COIN_PKG_VERBOSITY and COIN_PKG_CHECKLEVEL. Older code
doesn't make much use of these, but if you're working on something new, you
might want to incorporate them.

							Lou