[Coin-discuss] Re: AC_COIN_HAS_USER_LIBRARY

Lee Ann Fisk lafisk at sandia.gov
Fri Sep 22 13:00:28 EDT 2006

Hello again.  We are configuring COIN from within another
autoconf'd package, and I found that by adding -lpthread
to my --with-cplex-lib option and being careful with
quoting, that I was able to get COIN to configure
successfully without the macro change.

But I think that if a user sets the LIBS variable,
you are supposed to use it in your tests, aren't you?

Lee Ann Fisk

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 10:09 -0600, Lee Ann Fisk wrote:
> Hello.  I was unable to build COIN with the Cplex library
> without modifying this m4 macro.  I needed to add a
> pthreads library to get the compilation in this test:
>
> AC_COIN_HAS_USER_LIBRARY([Cplex],[CPX],[cplex.h],[CPXgetstat])
>
> to work.  I added LIBS=-lpthread to my configure
> command line, but the macro ignores it.  When I
> changed:
>
> LIBS="$$2LIB $ADDLIBS"

> LIBS="$$2LIB $ADDLIBS $coin_save_LIBS"
>
> in the macro, the test passed.
>
> Could this test be changed to respect the LIBS
> environment variable?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Lee Ann Fisk

Lee Ann Fisk
Phone 505-844-2059, Fax 505-845-7442, Mail Stop 1318
Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185
Department 1415, Discrete Algorithms and Math