[Coin-discuss] AC_COIN_HAS_USER_LIBRARY

Lee Ann Fisk lafisk at sandia.gov
Fri Sep 22 12:09:40 EDT 2006

Hello.  I was unable to build COIN with the Cplex library
without modifying this m4 macro.  I needed to add a
pthreads library to get the compilation in this test:

AC_COIN_HAS_USER_LIBRARY([Cplex],[CPX],[cplex.h],[CPXgetstat])

to work.  I added LIBS=-lpthread to my configure
command line, but the macro ignores it.  When I
changed:

LIBS="$$2LIB $ADDLIBS"

LIBS="$$2LIB $ADDLIBS $coin_save_LIBS"

in the macro, the test passed.

Could this test be changed to respect the LIBS
environment variable?

Thanks...

Lee Ann Fisk

Lee Ann Fisk
Phone 505-844-2059, Fax 505-845-7442, Mail Stop 1318
Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM 87185
Department 1415, Discrete Algorithms and Math