[Coin-discuss] AIX Ampl->nl->Linux->cbc->sol->AIX Ampl not working

Derek Jones scunacc at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 12:43:15 EDT 2006

Dear folks,

What I'm trying to achieve may be a non-started because of endian /
alignment issues, but I'm not sure.

I want to do this:

Have AMPL generate a .nl file, call a wrapper program instead of the
solver, send the .nl file via the wrapper to Linux, where I will solve
the problem using cbc file.nl -AMPL, then get the .sol file back on AIX.

I have problems.

Linux can't seem to write the .sol file properly. It *appears* to solve
OK, but then bombs in the writesol.c file in getsufhead.

I've traced thru, and there appears to be unreadable pointer memory
inside the current "d" variable.

Anyhow, has anyone got the ampl solver stuff to work OK on Linux? If so,
what compile options did you use?

Has anyone faced the above problem?

Has anyone else :-) tried anything as crazy as the subject line at all ?

Kind regards

Derek Jones.