[Coin-discuss] using CLP barrier with OSI

Renaud Lepere renaud.lepere at alma.fr
Mon Oct 16 06:15:41 EDT 2006

I am using linear programing and COIN-OR (osi and clp) to optimize
nesting problems. I have quite a lot of variables (up to 1000)
representing positions of nested parts and approximatly the same
order of magnitude of constaints (up to 5000). Those constraints
corresponds to the non-overlapping condition between nested parts.

I would like to solve those problems as fast as possible. I would like
to know if a barrier algorihtm can speed up my computation time ; and
if it is possible to use the barrier algorithm included in CLP with OSI
?

Thanks

Renaud