[Coin-discuss] Query: Problems with gzip'd i/o, CoinUtils, Cygwin/minGW/Win2K

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:59:50 EDT 2006

Lou,

Yes, this problem occurs in XP also and is going to occur anytime you
compile in CYGWIN with the -mno-cygwin flag. In fact, I don't think the
unit tests will pass for any of the packages in the CYGWIN environment
right now, unless you have a CYGWIN installation without the MinGW
version of GCC installed (I have this on my home PC and it works fine).
It might also work if you configure in the source directory and do not
specify --enable-gnu-packages. I've already filed a ticket and Andreas
is working on a fix:

https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/ticket/26

There is a workaround, if you're interested. I can tell you off-line.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs