[Coin-discuss] Re: How do I "speed up" CBC?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Oct 3 14:00:02 EDT 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, John J Forrest wrote:

> KILLED is not a Coin message, as far as I know, so it will probably be
> memory.  But if it solves reasonably quickly on another machine then it
> would probably not be using a lot of memory on that machine.

It might be that the smaller-memory machine is swapping until it finally
runs out of memory.  IIRC, the smaller machine had 1GB and the larger had
4GB.  So if the memory requirement was 3.5GB, the smaller machien would
swap memory to disk like crazy before finally giving up, but the larger
machine would solve the entire problem in core.