[Coin-discuss]Configuring Osi on Maverick (TACC)

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Wed Nov 29 09:06:01 EST 2006

Hi Yang,

The error message seems to indicate that the -xarch=v8plus is used
inconsistently...

Are you specifying CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS for configure, either in the
command line or as environment variables?  If not, this might be a problem
with the libtool GNU package (which has some bugs).

If you are setting CXXFLAGS and/or CFLAGS yourself, make sure that you are
setting -xarch=v8plus for both.

If you are not setting CXXFLAGS and CFLAGS, please try the following

./configure CXX=CC CC=cc CXXFLAGS='-O4  -DNDEBUG  -xarch=v8plus' \
   CFLAGS='-O4  -DNDEBUG  -xarch=v8plus'

Please let us know if that helps (and what made the difference), so that
we can maybe fix the problem on the long run.

Cheers

Andreas