[Coin-discuss] Non-integer result from an integer problem

Esben Mose Hansen esben at ange.dk
Wed Nov 29 06:56:29 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 19:38, John J Forrest wrote:
> Could be an error in the mps reader.  Won't be able to look at it until
> Friday.
>
> 1.0e30 might be magically bad number - does it go away with UI 1.0e6 for
> instance.

Lowering to around 1e5 does indeed produce integer results, interestingly
enough. It also makes the solving much quicker, especially lowered it to e.g.
20. I'll have to investigate this.

I doubt it is the mps reader though, as I discovered this problem using our
own homegrown interface to the cbcsolver, which does not use the mps reader
at all.

Thanks for looking into this,
--
kind regards, Esben