[Coin-discuss]Configuring Osi on Maverick (TACC)

Yang Yuan yyuan at email.arizona.edu
Tue Nov 28 20:41:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to compile OSI on the Maverick in TACC, which i believe is a Sun
V890 with 32 GB memory and 8 dual core 1.2 GHz UltraSparc IV processors.

Every time i do the configuration, it always comes up with the following errors:

./configure CXX=CC CC=cc

checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/bin/install -c
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether directory CoinUtils is available... yes
checking whether directory Data/Netlib is available... yes
checking whether directory Data/Sample is available... yes
checking whether directory Clp is available... yes
checking whether directory DyLP is available... yes
checking whether directory Vol is available... yes
checking whether directory Osi is available... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
configure: configuring in CoinUtils
configure: running /bin/bash './configure'
--prefix=/home/teragrid/tg457654/Coin-Osi  'CXX=CC' 'CC=cc'
--cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.9
checking whether we want to compile in debug mode... no
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: /bin/bash './configure' failed for CoinUtils

Can anybody tell me what's wrong? really appreciated!!

Thanks -- yang