[Coin-discuss] Compile BCP 1.0.0 with mpich

kmartin kipp.martin at chicagogsb.edu
Thu Nov 23 22:38:32 EST 2006

Hi Dan:

>   ../configure CXX=g++ CC=gcc --enable-static=yes --with-mpi-incdir=/opt/mpich-mx/include/ --with-mpi-lib="/opt/mpich-mx/lib/libmpich.a"
>
>   I got the following error message:
>
>   checking if user provides library for Mpi... yes
> checking for /opt/mpich-mx/include/mpi.h... yes
> checking whether symbol MPI_Irecv is available with MPI... no
> configure: error: Cannot find symbol MPI_Irecv with MPI
> configure: error: /bin/bash '../../Bcp/configure' failed for Bcp

You might want to check out this link for configuring third party libraries

https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/pm-project-config#ChecksForThird-PartyComponents

It looks like the configure script is looking for the function/symbol it
can't find in the libmpich.a library. When I configure the ac script for
a third party library I often do something like

AC_COIN_HAS_USER_LIBRARY([Mpi],[MPI],[mpi.h],[])

and leave the last argument [] empty so it doesn't look for a symbol in
the library.

Kipp Martin
Professor of Operations Research
	and Computing Technology