[Coin-discuss] controlling solving method in Cbc

Kish Shen kish.shen at crosscoreop.com
Wed Nov 15 00:50:55 EST 2006

Hi,

Clp can solve a problem by primal or dual Simplex method, or by Interior point method.
When I use Cbc with Clp as the linear solver, is it possible to specify the solving method for
the nodes in  Cbc's branch-and-bound?

Through OSI, you can specify the hint parameter OsiDoDualInInitial, but I assume this only
affects OsiSolverInterface's initialSolve, and not CbcModel's, and I assume it does not affect
the solving method used for the nodes in the branch-and-bound.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!

Cheers,

Kish