[Coin-discuss] regarding gmpl

David Rader David.Rader at rose-hulman.edu
Wed May 31 15:34:22 EDT 2006

I have started playing around with using gmpl, along with clp and cbc,
as a potential modeling language for some classes I teach and noticed
some potential problems with how Coin uses it.

First, is there a reason why using OsiSolverInterface's readGMPL does
not save the names of the columns and rows?  I can understand not doing
this for other types of files, but it seems that, for a modeling
language, having easy access to the row and column names is important.
   Is it possible that this feature can be added?

Second, I think there is an error in CoinMPSIO::readGMPL.  If there is
data for the model, and it is contained in the same file,
mpl_read_model(...) returns a value 2 if read correctly;  however, if
there is no data for the model (such as in queens.mod from the glpk
examples), the return code is 1, causing readGMPL to determine that an
error has occurred.

Thanks for the help.

Dave