[Coin-discuss] CoinMpsIO -- LI Bounds problem?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sat May 6 12:24:31 EDT 2006

Francois,

This is nothing to do with LI as such!  It is a bug that has been there
from the beginning.  The file "looks" as if it is in standard  8 character
names and fixed MPS format and the UP images with spaces before the UP
value of 1.  The LI images actually have a tab before the value of 0 and
the test in the bounds section to see whether to expect a value is fooled.

If you change the tabs to a reasonable number of spaces OR add FREE to
NAME image OR make 0 0.0000000 it works.

I will fix.

John

Francois Margot <fmargot at andrew.cmu.edu>
Sent by: coin-discuss-bounces at list.coin-or.org
05/04/2006 06:39 PM
Please respond to
Discussions about open source software for Operations Research
<coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>

COIN-OR <coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org>
cc

Subject
[Coin-discuss] CoinMpsIO -- LI Bounds problem?

I have the most recent version of COIN, I believe. I nevertheless have
trouble reading some mps files. This is similar to Anureet's problem
a few weeks ago. When reading the file

splittable.flow.network.design/ns25/pr3.mps

from the collection arcset.data.mps.gz available from

http://ieor.berkeley.edu/~atamturk/data/arcset/

using:

   OsiClpSolverInterface *clp = new OsiClpSolverInterface;
   clp->readMps(name, "mps");

I get:

Coin0001I At line 1 NAME          pr3
Coin0001I At line 2 ROWS
Coin0001I At line 2214 COLUMNS
Coin0001I At line 36804 RHS
Coin0001I At line 36990 BOUNDS
Coin3006W No match for column C8541     0 at line 45531 <  LI BOUND C8541
0 >
Coin3006W No match for column C8542     0 at line 45532 <  LI BOUND C8542
0 >
Coin3006W No match for column C8543     0 at line 45533 <  LI BOUND C8543
0 >
Coin3006W No match for column C8544     0 at line 45534 <  LI BOUND C8544
0 >
Coin3006W No match for column C8545     0 at line 45535 <  LI BOUND C8545
0

and then a crash. Does CoinMpsIO support these LI bounds or not? What
change
should I make to read these files with OsiClp?

Francois