[Coin-discuss] OsiClpSolverInterface::modifyCoefficient problems

James Gibbons James.Gibbons at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 24 06:44:56 EST 2006

John,

Thanks for the quick response. You're right just calling initalSolve means the assert message doesn't appear. I also get

Clp0024I Matrix will be packed to eliminate 6965 small elements

Which I guess is to do with writing lots of zeros

James

Seems like you have hit two separate bugs.  I would guess the second one
is a bug in OsiPresolve.  It looks as if ClpPresolve gets rid of zero
elements before doing main part of presolve.  What happens if you don't do
OsiPresolve but just call OsiClpSolverInterface::initialSolve() - it
should do a ClpPresolve and so should be OK?  I will see if you have given
enough information for me to track down first bug.  I will try to have
that fixed by Monday.  If I have the time and energy I may move a function
- allElementsInRange from ClpPackedMatrix to CoinPackedMatrix and then it
will be easy to modify OsiPresolve.

John Forrest

--
Dr James Gibbons