[Coin-discuss] AMPL driver for COIN

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Mar 9 17:50:59 EST 2006

Kendall Bailey wrote:
> Is there a driver to use COIN solvers with AMPL?  I haven't found one.
>  If none exists, is there interest in having one?  I'm working on
> building one.  It's functional already, but lacks configurability.  It
> will link with the Clp, Cbc, Sym, Vol and Glpk subclasses of the
> OsiSolverInterface.  What specific features would people want?  Should
> I post to the individual solver discussion lists as well?

As the maintainer of SYMPHONY, I'm definitely interested in your AMPL
driver. I've wanted to develop one, but haven't had the chance. I'm sure
that there will be general interest in this if you make it available and
continue to develop it, but it's a bit difficult to answer your question
about desired features without first playing around with it. Would you
be interested in making it available through COIN? If so, I can talk to
you about it off-line.

Cheers,

Ted
--