[Coin-discuss] Generating both cuts and vars

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 30 17:10:19 EDT 2006

Oops, I also forgot to mention those....
Well a variable is "ineffective" if its lower and upper bounds are both 0.
This can happen by reduced cost fixing, so you could disable that with
BCP_DoReducedCostFixingAtAnything 0
BCP_DoReducedCostFixingAtZero 0

However, and even more general solution for your problem is to override the
methods select_vars_to_delete() and select_cuts_to_delete(). You can look at
the default implementation in BCP_lp_user.cpp. Whatever indices you return in
the deletable vector, the corresponding vars/cuts will be deleted.

--Laci