[Coin-discuss] integer column bounds fixed by CBC/CLP?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 28 04:00:48 EDT 2006

a) Yes the MIP can add more rows during Branch and Cut - these will be at
end.
b) If you use CglPreProcess it has methods originalRows and originalColumns
which point back while the problem is preprocessed - after postprocessing
these will just be 0,1,2.

John Forrest

             Kish Shen
             <kish.shen at crossc
             oreop.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org
             coin-discuss-boun                                          cc
             ces at list.coin-or.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Coin-discuss] integer column
                                       bounds fixed by CBC/CLP?
             06/27/06 11:12 PM

             Please respond to
             Discussions about
                open source
               software for
                Operations
                 Research
             <coin-discuss at lis
              t.coin-or.org>

On Sunday 25 June 2006 11:36, John J Forrest wrote:
> This was deliberate so that further processing could be done.  Even if
you
> reset bounds then some information has been modified e.g. best solution.
> Suggested way of doing repeated runs is as in Cbc/examples/repeat.cpp and
> also see references to referenceSolver in CbcModel.hpp
>
> John Forrest

John, thanks for your quick reply!

I have updated my code so that it saves a reference solver just before
doing
the MIP, and then after the solve, extract the required solution
information
(variable solution values, reduced costs, etc.), and then reset to the
reference solver.

Am I correct in that the MIP can add extra rows to the problem by posting
more
cuts to the problem? Also, can the presolve remove columns/rows from the
problem? Are these changes visible in the model after the solving? CPLEX
and
XPRESS allows the user to extra information from the probelm using the
original rows/column numbers, and this is important for our usage, as they
map to the user's variables and constraints.

Cheers,

Kish Shen