[Coin-discuss] True 'make distclean'

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Mon Jun 26 17:25:56 EDT 2006

JP,

	Sorry, I've been occupied, didn't notice the ticket. I can offer some
speculation, but do not have a windows environment to test. From the ticket,
I'm inferring mingw. From the compiler command line, I infer that configure has
run and that config_dylp.h exists.

	DyLP now does all configuration via autotools. It looks for four `math'
include files:  math.h, float.h, ieeefp.h, and sunmath.h.  In vector.h, there
are includes for all of these. The last three are protected by HAVE_XXXX_H.
The message in the ticket (`can't find ieeefp.h') would indicate that for some
reason configure thinks it was able to find ieeefp.h, but it's not in the
include path for the compilation.

	After determining the set of include files, the configure script looks
for functions that are equivalent to finite (isfinite) and isnan.  It has a set
of names that it looks for (finite, _finite, isfinite for finite; isnan, _isnan
for isnan).  A pair of compile time symbols (DYLP_ISFINITE, DYLP_ISNAN) are
defined with the correct names and then used in turn to define the names
(finite, isnan) that dylp uses in the code.  The configure run should issue a
warning if it can't find an equivalent, but does not fail hard (so as not to
abort the full Coin-All build). Again, judging from the error message in the
ticket, mingw already #defines the string isnan in math.h, so something a bit
more sophisticated needs to be done (might be as simple as guarding the defines
at line 211-212 of vector.h with #ifdef/#endif so that the names are not
redefined if they already exist.

							Lou