[Coin-discuss] Cbc: How to run it?

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 16 16:47:28 EDT 2006

> I installed Cbc solver from Tarballs. The instalation is
> successfully completed.

I'm not sure if this means you used the source file tarballs (
http://www.coin-or.org/Tarballs/)
or the binary tarballs (https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBinary and
http://www.coin-or.org/Binaries/)

> However, even I have the executables I still don't know how to run my
problem.

Since you have executables, I suspect you downloaded the binaries.

> I have my *.mod (AMPL format), the  *.dat and *.cmd files. I used
> them for my submissions online.

It seems that you want to run Ampl using Cbc as the solver.
You will need to build the Cbc Ampl driver from the Cbc source.

There are some instructions/hints on how to do this for a specfic platform
at https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/wiki/FAQ.

Others will probably have better suggestions.